Ok, a little more than just ‘”loads of mod podge”…
2 coats of ‘dark chocolate’ acrylic paint
2 coats of matte mod podge
2 additional coats of hard coat mod podge on the top of the desk
wipe on poly on the painted only areas
hardware is attached via mighty putty (rip billy mays)
One problem I ran into was that the scrapbooking sheets weren’t as wide as I needed & no two were the same so I couldn’t just line up the seams. To help disguise them I cut out some flowers and overlapped them over the seam, that way it looks like the paper continues on…I think it’ll fool anyone who doesn’t take the time to inspect it.
I was skeptical at first but now I really love the way the lace cutout papers look. They were a bit of a pain to line up & costs $1.99 a sheet which almost made me leave them on the shelf at Michael’s but then I figured hey, $12 is still a whole lot cheaper than a new desk!
Next up…gross furniture no. 2 Brace yourself, this could get ugly.